Fifth Years: Lesson 1

Professor Killian Borisyuk had everything resized because of what he was, and what the other professor was. Large desk, large chair... And that was it. He dressed rather casually, with the exception of a set of robes that hardly covered his shoulders. Right, it was time for the fifth years to start arriving, so he strolled into the History of Magic classroom from his office, with his tattooed hands stuffed into the pockets of his robes. The door closed as he walked over to the desk, and turned around to face the students. Much like everyone else in the school, Killian looked down at the students with his cold, green eyes. They were the youngest of his class. He knew that this year was the one that would mean the most because of the OWLs. Killian finally started to speak, his Russian accent fairly heavy on his words, "Good morning, fifth years. It is time to forget about the holidays and not waste time."

Killian remembered that his height might cause some issues to look up at him the entire time, so he sat down in the chair and clasped his tattooed hands over his abdomen. "My name is Professor Borisyuk. If you have issues pronouncing my name, Professor Killian will do. I will be your professor from now until your final year, should you stick around after the OWLs." Killian didn't want to stress onto the students about the rules or the OWLs. They likely knew how important it was, so there was no need to waste time. After all, he had things to do as well. He was somewhat busy nowadays, especially since his girl worked in the hospital wing. Killian also had some things to organized and potions to brew, but all of that was more personal and not something he was going to share with the class or those around him. He was a private man.

"This year, you will have an easier course. I will be going over the original founders of Hogwarts, and the history of the TriWizard Tournaments. The two are connected because of the activities of the schools, and this school also participated in the past. So, that is just a taste of what you will be learning." Killian looked down at his watch, and much like his other years, he always let the students out early on their first lesson. "Just to answer a couple of questions that might have run through your mind, I am part-giant. I am eleven feet nine inches tall. The piercings are real, and I have too many tattoos to count because I'm covered, including my palms." Killian opened his palms in front of the fifth years to show the skulls that were tattooed on them. "Anyway, I'll let you all go for the day. If you have any questions, you can ask." Killian gestured toward the door and it opened to let the students go.
Assignment: RP the lesson.

Savannah was ready to knuckle down completely. She wasn’t going to let herself be distracted. This semester was all about making sure that she didn’t fail her exams. She knew it was unlikely that that would happen, but she was a little unwilling to even consider the chance that she wouldn’t do enough for it. In her mind, she would do very little besides quidditch and revision. So, in her school bag, she put her books, notes and everything else she’d need to go to class and then revise after. She had spent the morning on the pitch and would keep this up all week. She headed out of the dorm room when she had everything ready to go.

Savannah walked into the history of magic classroom. Despite not always loving the subject most of the time the last professor had been focused enough that Savannah hadn’t hated the class. She wasn’t sure if the same would be said here, but she was more than willing to give it a chance. The teen took a spot in the room, and nodded in agreement to his greeting. She nodded along as he introduced himself, and then went on to tell them what they’d be covering within the semester,w hich seemed like it was going to be pretty interesting. With that though the lesson was wrapped up, with the professor just giving them way more information about him that they really needed.

Gregory hadn’t liked being home. His sister and her family had been there to help out and spend time with them. The one who had always tried to take him back. He just wasn’t sure why even after over ten years she still hated him so much. But of course she did, he was unliked by everyone. He was sure his parents would end up seeing her way too eventually. He wasn’t looking forward to his exams, to having to try to be a good student. He just wanted to stay in bed all day. The teen forced himself up and forced himself out of the dorm and to class.

Gregory headed into the history of magic classroom and made his way to the back of the room. He didn’t want to sit close to the front at the best of times, and this professor was pretty intimidating to him. He took out some parchment and books and placed both down in front of him as the professor got started. He then just pillowed his head on his arms on the desk and listened vaguely as the professor spoke, keeping his good ear up so he could at least hear all of what was being said. It was a short enough lesson, and he was able to quickly pack up and head out of the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back