Camilla
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Flexible Alder Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
yellow rose for @Professor Shiori Nakamura

Miranda didn't know the professors all that well, not in the least because she knew her mum would probably go around introducing her to them if she asked and it would be really, really awkward, so she avoided it. But also, Professor Nakamura only taught the upper years as it was. At least, even if it was quite a walk to get to his office, she knew where to go to look for him. Miranda knocked on the door after catching her breath, and called out "Hi, Professor? I have a rose for you!"

Professor Nakamura had been deeply considering his lessons. Were they sufficient enough? Did they teach what students needed for their OWLs and NEWTs? These were the sort of questions percolating his mind. He was somewhat grateful for the interruption, therefore. "Ah, come in, come in," Professor Nakamura said. "What can I help you with today?"

Miranda's natural response to say something complimentary was slightly curbed when it came to professors, not that she didn't want to be nice to them but that she didn't want to come off weird. Especially with her mother being one of them. "Hi Professor, I won't take up much of your time, I just have a rose for you!" She carefully picked out one of the yellow roses in her basket with the note addressed to the Astronomy professor. "Happy Valentine's!"

Thank you for being a friend. I appreciate your company and all you do for the school. ~Love, Mallory

Professor Nakamura felt surprised. This whole rose-giving thing was new to him; definitely not a tradition he had back in his home country. It was a welcome surprise to receive a rose and he felt a little guilty that he hadn't sent any himself. He thanked the girl as he took the rose and the note. "Happy valentine's," he repeated, thinking that was probably the adequate response, and opened the note. Professor Nakamura smiled. Mallory was a lovely person, and he appreciated her very much, especially in his new role. It could have been an isolating experience but she made the process easier. He regretted not sending one to her, but he supposed there was always next year, or perhaps another way he could make it up to her. Musing on this, he decided to put the yellow flower in a glass on his desk with some water in it. It would serve as a nice reminder while he worked hard on his lesson plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back