Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight Dark Cherrywood Wand 13" Sturdy with Selkie Hair
Heyo

So I was wondering, I don't know if this was suggested. BUT I'll suggest anyway...
If for example someone was RPing in the school, and they wanted a Professor to find their topic or a Nurse or something so for Example they're rping along and then they get hurt or they break the rules, could there be a button that will notify the class "Professor" or "Hogwarts Staff" to the topic if the RP'r presses it?

I'm hoping this makes sense, but basically what I'm asking is can there be a "Notify" button that I guess the poster or anyone can press which will send a notification to that Class (Prof or Staff etc) so they can go there if needed and post?

Thanks!
Ash

We don't believe that a notification is the best option for the sort of scenario that you are describing. If you are interested in having someone join your roleplay, it is always best (and also courteous) to PM the individual or individuals that you'd like to join. If you don't have a specific person in mind, then the plot development area is also an option. :) In this way, you can explain to the RPers the level of involvement that you'd like from them or give them a heads up of when you'd like to have them join. As a reminder, professors and other school staff do have the ability to enter closed RPs (within reason, of course), and they can obviously join open ones. :p

Generally speaking, if you're RPing in the hospital wing, any nurse should feel free to join. That is their area after all. :p And professors should be keeping an eye out for RPs started in their classrooms.

Recently, as I know you're aware, an area was created within the professor's common room for professors to post links to RPs that they come across that could do with some involvement. As a professor, you can take advantage of this by posting links for your student RPs as well. For those of you who don't have professor characters, you can feel free to PM a staff member if you have an RP that you'd like to have a professor join. Or you could leave it to chance. ;)

Obviously Cyndi has more than covered it - but just to add, from a development standpoint, notifications were always intended to be sent by largely automated systems because of another action that impacts a specific group of people, or to be used by a restricted (i.e., staff) group to whomever may need one.

So somebody likes a post, the person whose post was liked is notified.
A professor posts a lesson, the students in that class are notified.
Admin open/close holiday forums, students are notified.

To have a notification that went from one student to all professors or Hogwarts staff would be ripe for abuse and is not the intended flow of the system.

Notifications are just meant to notify and are terrible for discussion. If you want people to join your RP, like Cyndi said, a PM is much better - because they can respond and have a conversation with you about what you're actually looking to have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back