Fifth Years, Lesson One

"Good morning fifth year, and welcome back, I'm Professor Misha Haden and I'll be your Charms professor from now until the end of your school careers. Feel free to call me Misha or Professor or Haden, whichever feels most comfortable for you" He said brightly with a smile at his students, "This is fifth year charms, as you know, and I'm sure that you all know what that means." He paused, glancing around at the room, "Trust in me, what I'm telling you and know I'm always happy to help, and I'm sure you'll have no problems getting an O in this class." Misha took the chalk sitting behind him on the table and walked over to the board, he quickly in his own writing, wrote out the spells that they would be covering that year. The spells were slightly more complex, but he was sure that all of the students in front of him would have no problems with them at all.

Impedimentia
Duro
Reducto
Diffindo
Impervius

"These spells are the ones we will be learning during this term, as well as doing a bit of recaping of all the previous spells you've learned. That way you will be very prepared for the exam." Misha put the chalk down on the table once more and then rubbed his hands on his trousers. "It would be in your best interest Fifth years to create a study guide or something of that sort of the previous spells you have learned during the previous years. However, I went to the liberty of creating a very simple one for you," He took his wand from his pocket gave it a slight wave and then, sheets of paper flew out to all the students, on it, was the list of all the spells they had previous learned. In the order that they had learned them in.

Wingardium Leviosa
Accio
Banishing Charm
Scourgify
Alohomora Charm
Repairing Charm
Repelling Charm
Homenum Revelio
Cheering Charm
Engorgio
Incendio
Locomotor Charm
Confundo
Sonorous
Silencio
Drought Charm
Bubblehead Charm
Descendo

"Add to it, put your own notes. Spells are different for everyone, so if two sheets are the same, then one is lying." He took his cup of tea from the table and gave it a small sip, "Right everyone, that's all we have time for today, Enjoy the rest of this first week back," and with that, Misha finished the lesson.

Attendance post is just fine

Savannah was ready to knuckle down completely. She wasn’t going to let herself be distracted. This semester was all about making sure that she didn’t fail her exams. She knew it was unlikely that that would happen, but she was a little unwilling to even consider the chance that she wouldn’t do enough for it. In her mind, she would do very little besides quidditch and revision. So, in her school bag, she put her books, notes and everything else she’d need to go to class and then revise after. She had spent the morning on the pitch and would keep this up all week. She headed out of the dorm room when she had everything ready to go.

Savannah walked into the charms classroom and took a spot near the muddle of the room. She glanced at the professor as the man got started and she took down all of the spells listed on the board that they would be covering in the semester. They all seemed like interesting spells to learn. Savannah then glanced as all the spells they had ever covered within the last few years appeared on the board. She nodded but didn’t take them down pleased when the professor handed them a sheet with all the spells on it. With that the lesson was wrapped up and Savannah packed up her things and left the room.

Gregory hadn’t liked being home. His sister and her family had been there to help out and spend time with them. The one who had always tried to take him back. He just wasn’t sure why even after over ten years she still hated him so much. But of course she did, he was unliked by everyone. He was sure his parents would end up seeing her way too eventually. He wasn’t looking forward to his exams, to having to try to be a good student. He just wanted to stay in bed all day. The teen forced himself up and forced himself out of the dorm and to class.

Gregory walked into the charms classroom and sat down at the back of the room. He glanced up at the spells that they would be covering in the semester and then before he had finished getting those down the professor was already moving on to all of the spells they had ever had to learn so far in charms. Gregory would swear down that there were some on there that he had never heard of. The teen had been about to get all of then down when the professor let them just have a sheet with all of them on it. With that the lesson was wrapped up and Gregory packed up his things and left the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back