🐺Birthday Werewolf: HNZ Edition!🐺

Welcome to a twist for the Birthday Werewolf!

If you are not going to be active on the board during the play, don't sign up. We need people to talk!

This is the forum variation of the game "Werewolf"/"Mafia".

The Story:
It is a small town of Obsidian Harbour, close to New Zealand. The townsfolk are enjoying the time while their children and relatives are at Hogwarts New Zealand. Everything seems to be going well until they find a mysterious ring near the pier. It was an Ouroboros ring. There was a new threat looming.

The next day, cloaked people stood in the square, making their presence known. The Scitorari have descended, and they seek to rid all the good doers of Obsidian Harbour!

Team Ministry: You will need to find and lynch the Scitorari members, and survive!
Team Scitorari: You need to kill all the ministry folk without getting caught.

How to play:
  • Sign-ups will begin immediately and close in a week. Once closed, PM's will be sent out to each player with their roles and/or instructions if required.
  • The game will begin on May 6th with the night phase. During the night, no one must talk in the forum. The ministry folk will be sleeping. Anyone with night roles, you will need to PM me with your action - if you so choose to.
  • When the sun raises, I will reveal the outcome from the previous night, and all players can discuss who they believe the Scitorari members are. You should decide between yourselves on who to lynch. Dead players cannot talk. You can lie and deceive all you wish, but you absolutely cannot share your PM with your role to any player.

And now, the roles!
  • Scitorari- You are the enemy. Each night, you may choose one person to visit and kill. If/when you are killed/lynched, your role will show up as a Scitorari member.
    • Additional Scitorari - First is at 11 players, second at 17, third at 23
  • Ministry Officials - You do not have any special powers, but your role is very important. Lynch the Scitorari, and survive!
  • Seer - Once per night, you may look into your crystal ball, and see the role of one person
  • Faux Seer - You think you are a seer, but your use of tarot cards and scrying leave you with uncertain answers. Once per night, you may draw the cards and see a role of one person, but the roles are random. They may or may not be correct. Upon death, you will show up as the seer. You will not know you are a faux seer until the end of the game.
  • Healer - At night, you may visit a player to heal them if a Scitorari attacks them. You may also protect yourself once per game. If you try to heal a Scitorari member, you will die instead of their target.
    • Additional Healer - Second at 15
  • Minister of Magic - You lead the ministry officials. Your vote to lynch off players will count as 2 votes.
  • Azkaban Guard - Once per night, you can block a player from using their night action.
  • Ghost - You will not know that you are a ghost until you are lynched/killed. Your role will be tole that you are a ministry official. However, once you are lynched/killed, you can choose to take someone down with you for revenge the following night.
  • Curse Caster (at 12 players) - Once per night, you may visit a player and cast a spell to take their voice away. Your target will only be able to communicate with GIFs, except with choosing a name to lynch.
  • Auror (at 14 players) - You cannot be killed by the Scitorari at night.
  • Hit Wizard (at 16 players) - Once per game, you can choose a player to strike down who you believe is a Scitorari member.
Additional Notes:
  • During the day phase, bold your votes. If you are changing your vote, be sure to put that in there as well.
  • The game is OOC, so one account per person. Use it during the whole game, so it might be best to use your main account.
  • If there is a tie with the lynching votes, the death will be settled with RNG.
  • Since we have a lot of time zones, each phase will last 24 hours. This should give everyone ample time to plot, discuss, murder, lie, etc.
  • All game discussion will need to be in the thread, or via PM with the Scitorari members. Do not communicate outside the thread!

May the best team win!

Special thanks goes to ElementalAlchemist from IF/ZB Support, who showed us that this game could be played on a forum, has worked out a good number of kinks in it, gave us the code to generate game roles and (most graciously) let us copy his summary of a number of the game roles from his post in previous games verbatim. Thank you!

Code:
[list]Sign Up List:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

• Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Code:
[list]Sign Up List:
[*] Professor Cyndi Kingsley
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[/nocode]

• Sofi Ayre
[/nocode]
Code:
[list]Sign Up List:
[*] Professor Cyndi Kingsley
[*] Sofi Ayre
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*][/list][/nocode]

• Sofi Ayre
  • Amber Chou Wilson

Code:
[LIST]
[*][COLOR=rgb(139, 0, 139)]Professor Cyndi Kingsley[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=rgb(184, 134, 11)]Sofi Ayre[/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=rgb(227, 66, 52)]Amber Chou Wilson[/COLOR]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

Hey guys!

We will need some more people to sign up so we can start the game! I want to start it sometime this week (which times out well because I am getting over a cold or something).

• Sofi Ayre
  • Amber Chou Wilson
  • Stefan Archer

Code:
[LIST]
[*] Stefan Archer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/LIST]

My feelings on werewolf are complicated but I'll do it for you. :lol:

• Sofi Ayre
  • Amber Chou Wilson
  • Stefan Archer
  • Aine Thompson

Code:
[LIST]
[*] Stefan Archer
[*] Aine Thompson
[*]
[*]
[*][/LIST]

• Sofi Ayre
  • Amber Chou Wilson
  • Stefan Archer
  • Aine Thompson
  • Ivy Cullen

Code:
[LIST]
[*][COLOR=rgb(139, 0, 139)]Stefan Archer[/COLOR]
[*]Aine Thompson
[*][COLOR=firebrick]Ivy Cullen[/COLOR]
[/LIST]

I'd like to get a few more people to sign up, otherwise we won't have enough people to play. The minimal I can do is 7, and several of the roles will not be used. I'll give this 24 hours until I close it down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back