Fourth Years, Lesson One

Noel was waiting behind his desk for the fourth years to arrive. They were the oldest students he teached so he was looking forward to meeting the group. He figured Defence Against The Dark Arts was an class worth following and people would like it. He walked to the front of his desk and opened the door with an swing of his wand, for the fourth years to enter. As the first arrived he gave an friendly smile and waited for everyone to come inside. It seemed like an mix of different students and houses. As everyone seemed to be inside he closed the door with an wave of his wand.

'' Hello everyone and welcome back to Defence Against the Dark Arts. '' He than spoke and walked in front of the classroom. Standing still for an moment to look them into the eye.
'' We'll be reviewing the Unforgivable Curses this semester, can someone tell me what the three curses are again?'' Noel than explained and looked around the classroom, giving someone the chance to answer and waited for an moment to hear the answer. '' Very well. 2 points for your house.'' He than replied back with an friendly smile. And than turned his back to the group and made some writing appear on the blackboard next to his desk. ''We've briefly touched the subject of Unforgivable Curses all the way back in your first year. This year, however, we'll be revisiting and discussing each curse. I'll warn you now that some may find these lessons disturbing. While I can understand that you'd rather skip these lessons, I'd still advise you to show up. You'll not only get to see them, meaning that there will be demonstrations, but you will also learn how to defend yourself against them.'' Noel than explained, it was an subject which came close to him as well since his uncle was punished for using one of them and was now sentenced life long to Azkaban. But he would think of the good to learn the students to defend in case they would ever encounter.

Noel looked around the classroom for an moment to let that sink in and continued. '' For homework, please read into the history of the Imperius Curse. And for those brave enough to want to experience this curse, I will need at least one volunteer. If you are interested, come see me after class as you'll need to sign a consent form.'' And with that he dismissed them.

Please review the DADA Class Policy for first through fourth years.

Roleplay the lesson! The first student to answer the question will receive extra credit.

If you would like your student to have the Imperius Curse placed on them for next week's demonstration, please let me know either in this lesson or via PM. More than one student may be Imperiused. However, this is not mandatory.

Fraser was very eager to be back at school, though things hadn’t been going the best for him in recent years, he was now in a great position. He was on the team, he was on accio. He had some friends, he had Zerrin. Everything he could need. He was just really unable to get his classes up, in the way he wanted to. He wanted to be a good all round student but it was fairly impossible for him. The teen gathered up what he needed and headed out of the dorm room. He was looking forward to what the semester would bring.

Fraser walked excitedly into the defence against the dark arts classroom and took his usual spot in the room. He was very eager to know what they’d be covering in this semester but was a little disappointed when it turned out they’d be doing the unforgivables, since that wasn’t really…well, it wasn’t that fun. He wanted to do spells and fun things, but he couldn’t have everything he wanted. The teen took his quill but didn’t write anything instead just listened along to what the professor and then others were saying. He was glad the lesson was short, but he didn’t take one of the forms, he didn’t want to experience that in the slightest.

The new semester was starting again and June was all prepared for it. Spending the break at Hogwarts was fine to her. And spend some time with Misha to make sure the relationship was build on again and studying was enough for it to fly by. And the first week of lessons was arrived already. So the hard working would come in handy again to show that she was the best student again.

The blonde made her way to the classroom, wondering how her cousin would teach them this year. It was still strange. But it was just for this semester still and next year she would have Misha. but June already read what they would be covering this year. And she kind of felt and bit uncomfertable around her cousin in this. He knew what her father had done, and he was sure judgemental didn't knew what Lauren all did. She had been ungratefull to her parents. June sat down in the front and listened to Noel. The question wasn't hard and June would gladly tell him what the unforgivable curses were to earn points.
'' That would be the Imperius curse, Killing curse.. and Cruciatus curse.''
June said to him confidently looking him in the eye. Everyone must knew it by now. June wondered how it must be to demonstrate it. How Noel thought about it and how she herself would feel about it. The first one would be the imperius curse they would watch next week. June didn't knew yet if she wanted to volunteer. In a way she was curious about it, but the fact that her cousin would do it was strange. She left the room when the lesson was done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back